Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Stealing: 2014/2015

Wantonly Stolen from: German Language Rocks

Good-Bye-2014-Welcome-2015

  1. What experience would you love to do all over again?
    -- Watching the Seahawks win the Superbowl… wait! I may get to do that again!
  2. What was the best gift you received?IMG_0494
    --
    Time with my kids as they transition to being young adults 
  3. How did your overall outlook on life evolve?
    -- After years of being who I though others wanted to me to be, I embraced the Shakespearean Mantra… To thine own self be true.
  4. What was the biggest problem you solved?
    -- I let a smooth talker with a nice body move into my house, it took three months to get him out.
  5. What was the funniest moment of your year, one that still makes it hard not to burst out laughing when you think about it?
    -- The weekend we had in Boise in June was a lot of fun.
  6. What purchase turned out to be the best decision ever?
    -- My very own washer and dryer… no more wasted afternoons at the Laundromat.
  7. What one thing would you do differently and why?
    -- Look at the Joy Jar post… every event is a learning opportunity; especially the ones that started off as a good idea at the time.
  8. What do you deserve a pat on the back for?Progress
    -- Moments of personal growth and accomplishment… goals that are met, obstacles overcome. And those moments when I resisted the urge to smack someone repeatedly with a tackhammer.
  9. What activities made you lose track of time?
    -- Those glorious moments with family and friends away from the duties of daily life.
  10. What did you think about more than anything else?
    -- Uncertainty of my ability to be victorious over the challenges before me.
  11. What topics did you most enjoy learning about?
    -- The procedures that go with the new responsibilities at work
  12. What new habits did you cultivate?
    -- Eating less, moving more.
  13. What advice would you give your early-2014 self if you could?
    -- Listen to you gut, pay attention to the red flags… be strong!
  14. Did any parts of your self or your life do a complete 180 this year?
    -- If something isn’t working for you… change it. My weight, my career trajectory, my relationships… if it isn’t working, why keep banging your head against the wall?
  15. What or who had the biggest positive impact on your life this year?
    -- Losing weight had a huge personal impact on how I feel about myself. My boss had an impact by believing in me for new responsibilities at work.
  16. What do you want the overarching theme for your 2015 to be?
    -- To Thine Own Self Be True
  17. What do you want to see, discover, explore?
    -- I’m not sure yet. I want to continue to explore my ability to participate in physical activities. I would love to travel this year, but finances are always an issue.
  18. O2BWho do you want to spend more time with in 2015?
    -- I always want more time with my kids than I get.
  19. What skills do you want to learn, improve or master?
    -- I want to learn how to properly lift weights with proper nutrition to achieve the embodiment of BEAST MODE.
  20. Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen?
    -- I want to increase my ability to think and speak rationally in pressure situations.
  21. What do you want your everyday life to be like?
    -- Less stressful… I want to be able to change the things I can, not stress the things I can’t and the wisdom to know the difference.
  22. Which habits do you want to change, cultivate or get rid of?
    -- I want to increase the commitment and stability of healthy eating.
  23. What do you want to achieve career-wise?
    -- Since I achieved a major shift in my profession in 2014, I want to continue growing in that position and achieve excellence in it.
  24. How do you want to remember the year 2015 when you look back on it 10/20/50 years from now?
    --As with every year, I want to be better at the end than I was at the beginning. That can mean so many things.
  25. What is your number one goal for 2015?
    -- Rather than regretting my mistakes, I want to see them not as regrets, but as learning opportunities.

1 comment:

  1. You are right about the Seahawks...you may get to see them win again. IF they can beat the Packers :)

    ReplyDelete

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...